We caught up with homewares and lifestyle brand, Sophie Allport, to hear their top tips for styling your home this summer.
Summer is the perfect time to refresh your home, add some colour and connect your indoor and outdoor living spaces. It is a great time to really open your home, allowing fresh air in and brighten up the spaces you have.
- Bring the outdoors in. We love to fill our favourite jugs and vases with mixtures of offcut flowers and buds from the garden and place these all around the house. It brings a sense of life, freshness, and greenery to the home, and not forgetting the lovely scents too. If you are a keen gardener then you might already have some beautiful flowers to hand, but if not simply pop to your local florist or shop and grab a few bunches.
- A light summer bedroom. A bedroom is usually a cosy place during the autumn and winter months, but we love to create a bright and airy bedroom over the summer months. A light or crisp white bed linen is perfect as it goes with any interior, and it also helps reflect the natural light around the room, creating a fresh and airy look. Top with decorative cushions for extra texture and comfort.
- Add touches of colour to your kitchen fabrics and table linens. You can easily change the look and feel of a room by simply swapping over your linens. It is a cost-effective way of changing up your décor without the need for redecorating. Our Bees Teal design is perfect for summer, as it matches the afternoon summer sky and adds a sunny feel to the home. It is excellent if you're entertaining outdoors too and creates a stunning outdoor setting.
- Freshen up the garden. It is always nice to enjoy the sunshine whilst it is around and quite often, we will spend more time in the garden. Adding plant pots filled with shrubs, herbs and beautiful flowers is a great way to bring colour and life to the garden, as well as attract bees, butterflies, and birds. If you want to change the look of your garden quickly, then adding a touch of paint to your furniture and fence is a great way to bring it back to life.
- Keep throws close by. Summer evenings can sometimes have a chill to the air, so we like to keep a couple of throws about for practicality. Sling them over the back of your sofa, armchair, or if you have got a storage box, then perfect. Throws are great for adding texture and comfort.