This recipe is packed full of flavor but also very nourishing and healthy. Easy to make and great reheated from frozen, this will make your meal times so much easier. A lovely light dish on its own or great with rice noodles or my failsafe mixed rice with herbs recipe.
- 1 side of trout, skinned and pinned, cut into 100g portion fillets
- 2 red chillies, deseeded and finely chopped
- 2cm piece of ginger, finely chopped
- 2 tablespoons of honey
- Zest of 1 lime
- 2 tablespoons of gluten free soy sauce
- 2 ½ tablespoons of red thai curry paste
- 2 tablespoons of sesame oil
- 3 kaffir lime leaves
- 1 tablespoons of fish sauce
- 2 tins of 400ml coconut milk
- 1 bunch of coriander leaves, finely chopped
- Juice and zest of 1 lime
- 500g pak choy, roughly chopped
- 1 tablespoon of gluten free soy sauce
- 200g of frozen or fresh edamame beans
Preheat the oven to 180ºC (350ºF), Gas Mark 4
- Firstly put the fish fillets in a bowl along with the marinade ingredients, rub the marinade all over the fish then cover and place in the fridge to marinate while you make the rest of the recipe
- In a medium saucepan on a low heat add the thai red curry paste along with the sesame oil. Cook for 5 minutes or until it starts to smell aromatic
- Add the lime leaves, fish sauce and coconut milk. Slowly reduce the sauce until it starts to thicken, about 20-25 minutes.
- Take the sauce off the heat and add the chopped coriander leaves, lime, pak choy, soy sauce and edamame beans.
- If you are freezing some of the batch then leave out the next step
- Put the sauce in the bottom of a baking dish and top with the fish filets, cook in the oven for 10-15 minutes or until the fish is just cooked through.
Freezing tips: In freezable and microwaveable or oven proof containers (see page .. for more information on freezing tips) portion out 200g of the thai sauce then put the marinated raw fish fillet on top once it has cooled put the lid on and write a label ‘Fragrant trout’ with a best before of 6 months.
To reheat straight from frozen, microwave: Put into the microwave for 3 minutes, take out of the microwave and remove the lid, place the lid on top but not sealed closed then put the container back into the microwave and heat for another 5 minutes or until piping hot. Leave to stand for 3 minutes.
To reheat straight from frozen, oven: Preheat the oven to 180ºC (350ºF), Gas Mark 4. Take the lid off the oven proof container and then cover the top with foil to ensure the food will not dry in the reheating process. Place on a baking tray and heat in the center of the oven for 30-35 minutes or until piping hot, Leave to stand for 3 minutes before serving.